Few people love visiting the optometrist: There’s not much to be said for having brights lights and puffs of air in your eyes, or for losing time and money on maintaining your prescription.
If there’s one procedure that’s completely worth the visit, it’s LASIK eye surgery. It’s relatively easy and painless, and what’s more, the 15 minutes it takes to complete will save you years’ worth of future eye doctor appointments.
In Florida, a state with weather and lifestyle options that attract spring breakers and retirees alike, LASIK is an excellent choice because it allows you to enjoy everything the state has to offer without fogged-up glasses or the discomfort of sunscreen or sweat behind your contact lenses. For more information on LASIK in Florida visit Magruder Laser Vision’s website.
LASIK is a life-changing procedure that hundreds of thousands of people go through every year. It has become popular since entering the market because it’s a safe and long-term solution to vision impairment.
Here are a few reasons LASIK is a great choice:
- 20/20 vision: LASIK surgery regularly results in 20/20 or 20/40 vision. Some people choose the monovision method, which corrects one eye for distant eyesight and the other for up-close eyesight. Regardless of what type of procedure you get, LASIK can give you the power of eyesight without the help of glasses.
- No glasses or contact lenses: After LASIK, you’ll only worry about the best lens shape for your face when you’re deciding which sunglasses to wear on the beach in Key West. Some people do use reading glasses after receiving LASIK, but still enjoy significantly improved vision in daily life.
- Saved money and time: By leaving behind the daily application and removal of contact lenses, you’ll save an immeasurable amount of time and energy. That’s not to mention relief from buying and keeping track of prescription glasses.
Laser eye surgery may seem like an intense experience, but it’s a safe and common procedure that anyone with healthy eyes and stable eyesight can undergo. Knowing what to expect may help you feel comfortable and prepared, so here’s a brief explanation of what LASIK entails.
When you go in to have the surgery done, your surgeon will most likely start with examinations to measure the thickness of your eye’s cornea and the exact shape of any irregularities on it.
Your surgeon will give you numbing eye drops before doing any other work. Then, to access the cornea, the surgeon will cut a small flap of tissue from the front of the eye and pull it back. With the cornea revealed, the surgeon can use a laser to burn away very small sections of it, reshaping it so that it refracts light correctly for 20/20 or near-20/20 vision.
LASIK is typically not painful at all, and your eyes will heal from the procedure in a matter of days. The satisfaction rate for this surgery is 96%, which is not surprising given the ease of the process and the long-term benefits.
Because of its year-round warm climate, Florida has some of the world’s most vibrant and beautiful nature. If you’re living in the Sunshine State, you’ll have an easier time enjoying all the unique offerings of the outdoors if you’re able to see them.
Here are a few activities that are ideal for healed LASIK patients:
- Birdwatching: Like humans, birds love Florida for its warm weather and natural beauty. Because of the climate and the land’s geographical diversity, there are hundreds of bird species to spot and admire in the state, whether you bring binoculars, a camera, or just your set of eyes.
- Flight school: Once your life has been altered by LASIK, you may feel emboldened to explore other transformative experiences. Floridians have access to many options for flight school, including lessons for beginners the sky is the limit.
- Scuba diving and snorkeling: With repaired vision and easy access to the coast, a trip under the sea is an excellent way to enjoy your eyesight and get a glimpse of incredible ocean life.
These are exciting ways to spend time after healing from LASIK, but permanently repaired vision also comes in handy for countless aspects of daily life, like reading highway signs and grocery shopping. LASIK can change your life for the better whether you’re a thrill-seeker or get excitement enough from the joy of vision.