EFT is one of the quickest and most effective way to deal with cravings and it can help you to stop smoking. When you try to quit smoking, you have to deal with doubts, obstacles, cravings, concerns, triggers and emotions. So, quitting smoking does not only involve physically putting down your cigarette but it has a great deal of emotional aspect involved in the process.
EFT is like emotional acupuncture but it does not involve any needles. When we have negative emotions in our mind, it disrupts the energy system of our bodies. When you go for EFT, it allows you to stimulate some meridian points of your body by tapping on them. This process focuses on balancing the energy flow in your body.
How to resolve smoking
People use different types of techniques and methods to stop smoking but most of them do not work. EFT is the breakthrough which will help you to quit smoking easily without having the difficulties that you face in case of other methods and techniques. This is successful because it can successfully release the bonds and links with the habit of smoking in our subconscious mind. It helps us to reprogram our emotional responses. As a tool of emotional responses in different situations you have been using smoking to help you get rid of such emotional situations and smoking was attached to your emotions and responses. Now after EFT dissolves that bond between smoking and your emotional response, it becomes easier for you to get rid of smoking. After helping you to stop smoking in specific emotional situations, it can help you to overcome the addiction to cigarettes. It works because it can release the worry of withdrawal and the stress and anxiety that you may experience when you try to quit smoking. For example, you'll be able to release the fear of weight gain and anxiety over fear of failure. This method works because it can really is any type of negative emotions or worry present in your subconscious mind linked with smoking.
The basic steps of EFT may include-
- Writing down all doubts, emotions, triggers, concerns and obstacles that you may have or have about quitting smoking. You need to list everything that comes to your mind when you think about quitting.
- Evaluating the intensity level of each emotion or issue on a 1 to 10 scale where then is the most or highest.
- Setting up a formations and reminder phrases. You need to start with the most intense issue first.
- Tapping-in this step, you start to tap lightly on specific meridian points on one side of your body. You use your index finger and middle finger of your either hand while you speak the phrases out loud. You may tap on your head, eye brows, below the eye, side of the eye, under the nose, middle of the chin, under the armpit, under the collar bone and top of the head among many areas.
- After you re-evaluate the intensity level of the issue on the 1 to 10 scale, you can start a second round of tapping.
When one emotion is done with, you can move on to the second emotion that you want to work on. This way you try to remove all your doubts, fears, obstacles and concerns regarding quitting smoking. When you are done with all of them, you'll be ready to quit smoking.