Are you worried your kid is using drugs?
We don't mean to scare you off, but there are high chances he is. But, you can confirm your doubts if you pay attention to the following!
Physical Changes are a major indicator that your child is using some sort of drugs. Drug addiction and alcoholism lead to several physical changes, especially when the user struggles with the dependency of the drug. It develops an unhealthy look on the user's face and body. Their personal hygiene also goes into turmoil. Some of the major physical signs that show your kid is taking drugs are given below:
- Eyes become red, and the pupil gets small
- Constant Nose-bleeding
- Changes in sleep pattern and appetite
- Lack of Personal grooming and deteriorating physical appearance
- Impaired coordination and injuries or bruises
- Bad breath and body odor
- Shapes, incoherent speech, impaired coordination, and tremors
These are some common signs of drug uses. These signs do change or alter based on the type of drug your child uses. For instance, if your child abuses proved peptides, fainting and excessive sweating are evident signs. The signs also signify dependency. In worse stages, the user has stains on faces with traces of chemical breath. Stimulant addiction is also associated with nose-bleeding, running nose, etc.
Addiction to drugs can change brain chemistry, which alters a person's mood and behavior. Continuous use of drugs can lead to the following emotional changes:
- Extreme Mood Swings
- Hyperactivity or Agitation
- No General Interest
- Withdrawal symptoms
These are far worse than physical effects. Major reason parents don't notice these signs is because they are not very apparent. In most cases, parents are unable to recognize these symptoms and can't tell the difference in personality changes of their kid.
In case you notice any of these symptoms, there are high chances your child is using drugs. Depression and aggression are also signs of drug addiction. This will lead to an emotional fallout sooner or later. This will be followed by some emotional backlash.
Based on the above two symptoms, there are high chances that your child's social behavior will also change. Yes, if you are observant, you will see they are undergoing a social change. Addicts are secretive about their drug use or abuse, but the addiction becomes difficult to hide at a given point. If your kid is abusing drugs, you will see their behavior will change along with their physical and emotional outlook.
Following, we are mentioning some of these changes:
- They skip class, their grades get bad, or they often land in trouble at school
- They are not interested in social activities; they don't have any hobbies
- They don't go out
- There are complaints of unusual behavior from friends, co-workers and even classmates
- Their relationship, friendship and hobbies change
- They become isolated
- They request and start burrowing money
If you notice these signs, then act right away, don't sit on it, it will make things much worse.