Couples counseling can be a difficult experience for many couples. Many people who go for couples counseling experience serious challenges in relationships. Some other people go to couples counseling to ensure that their relationship foundation is solid. Some go for such counseling before they move forward to a new phase in the relationship in the form of marriage. Whatever the reason may be, you need a good therapist whom you can trust.
Why do you need lesbian relationship counseling?
If you are a woman in partnership with another woman, you need a good lesbian relationship counselor. If the counselor is a woman, it can be better in many circumstances. Such kind of a lesbian couples therapy can offer a better feeling of safety and understanding to the couple who want counseling.
Lesbian couples like straight couples, deal with the ups and downs of life and close relationship every day. Besides suffering from these normal ups and downs, they may also suffer from social barriers you need to lesbian couples, workplace prejudice, and isolation from family and friends.
The relationship resources for lesbian couples are comparatively few. Less why same-sex couples may often find it difficult to understand which relationship approaches would be helpful to them.
Finding the right counselor
When you go for lesbian relationship counseling, finding the right counselor is very important. That will reduce the possibility of getting judgemental comments, lack of understanding, or bias from the counselor. The right counselor is likely to understand the issues you are facing and may be able to help you with better solutions.
If you find a counselor who is a woman who loves women, the whole process can be much easier.
Not all counselors are equipped to handle LGBTQ clients. While finding the right counselor for lesbian couple counseling, you need to ask a few questions which will help you to find the right skillful therapist. You can ask questions such as-
- Do you have specific LGBTQ couples counseling training?
- What is your approach?
- How long have you been working with LGBTQ couples?
- What percentage of your practice is spent with LGBTQ couples?
This is a very important relationship with your counselor and so you need to be careful. The right counselor can help you even in tough situations. Such tough situations may include a situation where you may think that both you and your partner are fundamentally mismatched, you have grown far apart from your partner for a long time, there has been an affair or several of them, one of the partner has a problem in regulating emotions, or when you are thinking about separation or divorce.
Where to find the best lesbian marriage counseling and lesbian relationship counseling?
You'll find the best lesbian marriage counseling and the best lesbian relationship counseling online. There are various online services that will help you to find the right counselor or therapist for you without having to spend hours. By answering a few questions, you'll be able to find the right therapist for yourself.
At Dr. Tipster, we recommend Online-Therapy.com as it offers the best counseling for lesbians. It focuses on marriage and relationship therapists. The therapists have past experience of working with the LGBT community.
Does it work?
Like any other online counseling and therapy methods, online lesbian counseling and online lesbian therapy methods are also effective. They work.
The effectiveness of the counseling and therapy will depend on 2 factors. First, both you and your partner will have to be open to the therapy and the change necessary if any. Second, you will need to find a well-qualified online lesbian counselor or therapist who specializes in a lesbian relationship. If you can find a counselor who herself is a lesbian, it can be wonderful and can make the counseling process much more effective because she will understand the relationship more and better.
You and your partner should approach the counseling process with open minds. If your relationship has some problems or if you want to improve and make it stronger, there may be some changes necessary. These changes may not be about changing yourself completely but it may be about changing how you and your partner look at the relationship and how you behave.
If you go to counseling therapy suspecting that the counselor will change your partner and make everything happy, it will be a wrong approach. Your partner may need to make some changes but you will also need to make some changes for the relationship to work and to make it stronger. There may be some small changes that are easily doable which can impact in a big way.
The benefits of online counseling for lesbians
- The therapists on Online-Therapy.com are certified and credentialed. They are licensed couples therapists, counselors, social workers, and psychologists.
- You'll be able to find specialized counselors who specialize in lesbian marriage and lesbian couple counseling.
- You can easily choose the date and time that suits both you and your partner.
- You will also be able to find therapists who may speak the language you speak if it is not English.
- You need to answer a questionnaire that will help you to find the perfect match for your counselor. You do not have to talk to fight different therapists on the phone to find the right therapist for yourself. Users need to do it once and will be matched with the right therapist for your situation.
- Online lesbian counseling is more affordable in comparison to traditional face-to-face therapy.
- You can use your phone, tablet computer and as a result of that, you can have your sessions from anywhere. You can do them from your home, work, or anywhere else.
- If you want, you can be completely anonymous are can use a nickname. You can also avoid using video sessions if you do not want the therapists to see your face.
- If you're a lesbian but you do not want other people to know about it, you can rest assured that nobody is going to know about it because all the sessions and information about you will be confidential. You can easily protect your privacy with online counseling for lesbians.
If you need a good lesbian marriage counselor or a lesbian relationship counselor right now, you can simply try online counseling and fight the right counselor without a problem. Lesbian couples counseling will help you to sort out the issues you have in the relationship. It will make you feel heard, understood and will give you the tools that you need to empower you and your partner and the relationship.