What is the water flossing?
A water flosser is an oral health appliance that helps you to care for your teeth. Even though the sizes and features of different brands and models vary, in general, a water flosser machine contains –
- A motor with a pump
- Water reservoir
- Special water flosser tip
The motor and the pump create a stream of pressurized, pulse-setting water that flows from the reservoir, and the water flosses your teeth. The user can target the stream of water to specific areas in and around the teeth and gums. The water stream can remove plaque, food particles, and bacteria. This process is easier and comfortable and more effective than in traditional flossers. There is another benefit the pulsating action can also stimulate gum tissues and improve gum health.
Why should you choose a water flosser?
If you want to floss effectively, then you need a water flosser. Many people do not like string flaws and so do not floss often. Water flossers can be really good for them.
- You will find water flossing easier and more pleasant in comparison to using string flossers.
- You are likely to floss regularly with a water flosser
- A water flosser will also help you to prevent and treat common diseases. These water flossers are clinically proven to reduce gingivitis, remove plaque and also improve the health of your teeth.
- These flossers are effective in cleaning braces and other orthodontics such as wages, crowns, and dental implants.
- It is useful for people with dexterity issues such as someone suffering from arthritis who may not be able to use string floss
Should you try it?
A study published in the Journal of clinical dentistry found that water flossing can be about 30% more effective than traditional flossing. And it can remove more plaque. Another study published in the Journal of Clinical Dentistry found that using a manual toothbrush and a water flosser was much more effective in removing plaque in comparison to using a manual toothbrush and other flossing alternatives such as interdental brushes.
If you want to maintain good oral health, you need to floss once per day. If you find it difficult to use traditional string flossers or don’t like them and as a result that you are not doing flossing, then you can easily switch to water flossing to ensure that you are flossing regularly.
If you need a great quality water flosser, then try Water Flosser Professional Cordless Dental Oral Irrigator. Comes with a 300 ML detachable water tank. It will help you to clean the limescale and dental plaque thoroughly which normal oral irrigators cannot do. It comes with an IPX7 waterproof design and offers both internal and external dual protection. The design prevents leakage. It has a long battery life and can be charged via USB. It comes with three modes and rotatable nozzles. It is very much portable, cordless, and lightweight and you can easily take it with you while traveling.