Want to quit but don't have enough motivations to do so? Smoking currently kills more than 480,000 people per year in the United States alone, 41,000 of which is due to second-hand exposure to cigarettes. Quitting smoking is one of the best ways to protect yourself and your loved ones around you.
Quitting sooner is much better than later, instead of going cold-turkey on your cigarettes and crawling back to them after a few days or weeks, try a more efficient approach.
What Quitting can do for your Health:
- After 20 minutes of quitting: your heart rate and blood pressure drop
- 12 hours of quitting: Carbon monoxide levels drop in the bloodstream
- 2 weeks 3 Months of quitting: Lung function improves, circulation improves, and the risk of a heart attack begins to drop
- 1-9 months of quitting: Easier to breathe and less coughing
- 2-5 years of quitting: Risks of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder are halved, and the risk of a stroke is equal to that of a non-smoker
- 10 years of quitting: Risk of dying from lung cancer is cut in half and the risk of kidney or pancreatic cancer is decreased
Still not convinced? Don't worry, we are here to give you 6 more reasons to quit smoking now.
6 reasons why you should quit smoking now:
- Shortens Life Span and Piles Up Medical bills: – Quitting smoking is like gaining a new lease on life. Smoking is literally the most negative thing you can do to your body every day. It damages nearly every organ in your body.
About 50% of smokers who continue smoking, die with a disease caused by it. Smoking is linked to about 15 different forms of cancer.
Male smokers lose about 13.2 years of their life, while woman smokers lose about 14 and a half years of their life, and the last thing you want to talk about is medical debt due to being hospitalized because of acquiring diseases caused by smoking. Most probably, you'd want to avoid this topic in the future, but addressing it is the best way to handle the debt as per this article, https://www.crediful.com/medical-debt/.
Therefore, if you don't stop smoking, you have no choice but to face serious diseases and huge medical debts.
- Makes You Inhale lots of germs: – According to new researches, cigarettes are crawling with germs, so every time you inhale smoke from a cigarette, you inhale a lot of germs as well. Those germs can make you sick, and it's gross!
- Decreases bone density: – For every 10 years of smoking, women have found to lose 2.3-3.3 percentage of the bone mineral density. For postmenopausal women, the effects are even worse.
- Increases chances of getting Tuberculosis: – According to the latest researches, if someone was treated for tuberculosis in the past, then their chances of getting it again doubles. It also increases your chances to die from colorectal cancer.
- Increases chances of Crohn's disease: – As per the latest studies, smokers are about 4 times more prone to catching Crohn's disease than that of non-smokers. Crohn's disease can be extremely painful, it causes frequent diarrhea, and can even require intestinal surgery to be treated.
- Makes you perform bad in the bedroom: – One of the side-effects of smoking is that it reduces the circulation of blood in your body which will cause less blood flow to your genitals. This will make sexual arousal for both women and men difficult.
These are the reasons why you should stop smoking. We hope you won't need any further reasons to quit this bad habit.
There are more than 70 chemicals in cigarettes that can cause cancer. Thus, stop smoking today!