Aloe vera gel is the extract of the aloe vera plant also known as the plant of immortality.' Aloe vera plants are commonly found in Africa and belong to the succulent plant species. This nontoxic plant stores enough water in its leaves to survive in the harsh conditions of African regions such as low rainfall and dry winds. Aloe vera leaf has a unique seamless look and has spear like spikes all over its body which is for protection against predators.
Aloe vera is synonymous with “miracle” in some cultures and has numerous skin, health and hair benefits. It is also being used worldwide as a key ingredient in foods and energy drinks. This wonderful plant has…
Aloe vera contains in its tiny body as much as 75 nutrients, 20 minerals like copper, iron, sodium, calcium, zinc, potassium, chromium, magnesium and manganese, 12 vitamins such as A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C and E, 18 amino acids and 200 active enzymes. It also contains folic acid and Niacin. These nutrients have tremendous healing power for both external and internal ailments. This exotic plant further contains many beneficial compounds like polysaccharides, mannans, anthraquinones and lectins.
These nutrients contribute to numerous health benefits:
1. Aloe vera juice or gel when consumed helps in digestion and effectively cleanses the digestive system. It is a laxative that makes food particles to pass through the intestine much easier. This incredible plant relieves people from constipation problems. Drinking aloe vera juice regularly detoxifies the blood and body which in turn improves bowel movements. It rescues you from acidity, inflammation and intestinal ulcers.
2. This wonderful plant is also full of antioxidants that are known as natural immunity enhancers. They fight free radicals and the damage caused by them in the body. Free radicals also cause several diseases and ailments which might speed up the ageing process. Consuming edible aloe vera gel or juice regularly boosts the immune system.
3. Aloe vera contains many substances which inhibit and slow down the inflammation and redness caused by injuries with no side effects whatsoever. Drinking aloe vera juice regularly reduces the stiffness of bones and also decreases swelling and relieves painful joints. It is excellent for treatment of deep scars, burns and cuts. It also soothes wound/cuts and has anti-bacterial properties that fight bacteria. It acts as a cooling agent too to regenerate new cells and rebuilds damaged tissue. It provides quick relief to people who experience burning mouth symptoms. Its antifungal properties help greatly in the problem of denture stomatitis, apthous ulcers, cracked and split corners of the mouth.
4. The anti-allergic properties present in aloe vera are useful for treating various skin diseases like eczema, psoriasis, itchy skin and the like. They can cure blisters, insect bites and many other allergic reactions too. Aloe Vera face packs are a blessing for people with sensitive skin type.
5. Aloe vera contains an array of anti-oxidants like beta carotene, vitamins C and E. These antioxidants improve the natural firmness of skin and keep it hydrated in summers to improve elasticity and keep away fine lines and wrinkles. It refreshes your skin and makes it vibrant and young for a long time to come. So for young complexion and a healthy glowing skin, start using aloe vera gel today.
6. Aloe vera is a great conditioning agent as well. It restores the shine and luster of your hair, and leaves it silky and smooth. The gel like substances found in aloe vera is quite identical to keratin in chemical composition. It penetrates the skin of the scalp and the scalp absorbs the benefits of it up to 7 layers deep. The amino acids present in aloe vera work their magic and strengthen the hair and also enhance its beauty and suppleness. It controls frizzy hair as well and does not leave behind any greasy texture.