Having an impaired vision can be a serious problem however due to aging a declining vision is a normal part of the aging process. There are different causes why our vision is impaired aside from aging. Visual impairment may be caused by an eye injury, infection, eye diseases like cataract and amblyopia and it may also be caused by medical conditions like diabetes mellitus. You need professional help in order to accurately diagnose the underlying cause for an impaired vision. It is important to note however that there are also other causes for impaired eyesight other than pathological causes. Eye strain for example is one cause for making one feel that their vision is blurry. Keeping the eyes healthy is important because we use the organ in performing about 98% of our daily activities except when sleeping and these tips will help you improve your vision better.
Do These Eye Exercises
There are natural ways to improve our vision and an eye exercise is one of them. This involves simple activities that can keep the eyes more visually focused and healthy.
- Sit properly and stretch one arm with the fist closed and the thumb pointing upward. Focus your vision on the thumb and start moving the thumb closer to the eye while maintaining visual contact on it. Do not lose focus. Then move back with an arm's length position while the eye is still focused on the thumb. Do this exercise for at least 5 minutes.
- Focus the eyes on your thumb on a closed fist with the thumb pointing upward for 2 minutes. Then slowly move your eyes away to look for any object in your surroundings that is more than 3 meters away from you. Then start to refocus your vision back on the thumb again. Repeat the same cycle for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Rub your hands until they are warm and then place your hands on a cupped position to cover both eyes with the fingers resting on the forehead. Keep the eyes open and look steadily on the darkness inside the cupped hand. Make sure to keep the fingers together to ensure no light will pass through. Feel the warmth of the hands too. This is an effective palming exercise that helps to improve the vision when the eyes are tired resulting in a blurred vision.
- Eyeball rolling exercise will help improve the blood flow in the eyes. Roll your eyeballs rhythmically clockwise and then counter-clockwise and this will increase the oxygen supply to the eyes and loosens the ocular eye muscles thereby helping to improve your vision.
- Move the eyes to the side just like the hand of a clock moving from 12 to 6 o'clock. Do this 20 times. Then move the eyes from 3 to 9 o'clock position and do it 20 times. Once done, close the eyes and rest for a few seconds. You can do this eye activity twice a day.
Nutritional Tips for Improved Eyesight
Eating the right kind of food can also help keep the eyes healthy for better vision. Supplying the body with nutritious foods is one way of helping the eye maintain a good visual property. Antioxidants and vitamins are powerful sources that can help us maintain a good vision and in preventing eye blindness. Foods that are rich in Vitamin A and lutein are considered to be foods for our sight. Lutein contains high level of antioxidants that provides for healthy eyesight. Include in your meal plan foods like liver, carrots, collard greens, zucchini, sweet potatoes, spinach, butter Swiss chard and cod liver oil which are rich sources of lutein and vitamin A.
If you think you are experiencing an impaired or a declining vision, there is a perfect way to overcome this eye problem. Learn more by clicking here!