Dermatologist’s Full Guide For A Perfect Skin
It is very important for you to identify your skin type. This ensures your skin is cared for properly. The choice you make when buying cosmetics must be determined by your skin type.
Although your skin type is unlike any other, most have common characteristics which enable grouping in one of the following types:
- Dry skin
- Normal skin
- Mixed skin type
- Oily skin
To determine your skin type, we recommend cleaning your skin with a cleansing wipe . After 30 minutes, apply on the forehead, nose, cheeks and chin a clean white small piece of paper.If traces of fat do not appear on paper it means your skin is the dry type. Dry skin is rough and prone to premature wrinkles and fine lines. If you see oily marks on some parts of the paper and dry on others, then you have a mixed skin type. Normal skin is usually smooth and not prone to acne. Oily skin is oily when touched and shiny. Oily skin is prone to blackheads and pimples. Sensitive skin requires special attention, as it can be sensitive to certain ingredients found in most cosmetics. People who have sensitive skin should always purchase hypoallergenic products to protect themselves from skin allergic reactions.
A regular skin care program tailored to the particular needs of each skin type, ensures a brighter and smoother skin within one week.
Dry Skin Care
Dry skin needs requires extra care, because it is prone to wrinkles and fine lines. This is especially true in winter when it is drier, and the skin may be tensioned it can peel off.
There are some measures that can relieve dryness, keep the skin supple and, and also fight against premature aging.
- Always clean your skin with a gentle cleanser, never use a soap. Do not use soaps because they are unable to remove the natural secretion of sebum.
- Always use a moisturizer cream during the day. Apply cream on the face through circular and gentle movements. Do not aggressively remove the peeling skin.
- You can use a night cream before going bed. It is recommended to use creams with alpha-hydroxy acids (or AHAs, as they are considered the most effective). AHAs are derived from milk, certain fruits and sugar cane. These acids exfoliate the superficial layers of your skin very gently and moisture the new discovered layers. They have beneficial effects on dull, dry peeling skin , giving it a healthy and shiny appearance.
- Both AHA and Vitamin C help reduce fine lines and other signs of aging. Therefore you can get a quick result by using a moisturizer during the day and a product that contains vitamin C and AHA during the night. Most known brands have moisturizers and creams that contain both vitamin C and AHA.
- If you have dry skin that tends to peel, with red and itchy plates that form a crust, it is recommended to exclude medical eczema. Eczema, also called atopic dermatitis, is considered to be a hereditary condition that occurs throughout the whole year. Other causes of eczema can be materials like wool, some skin care products or detergents. Your doctor may prescribe a cream to relieve redness and irritation.
- Many people suffer from dry skin during cold weather. If the weather is drier during the winter months and tends to dehydrate your skin, I recommend using a moisturizer that keeps your skin supple and hydrated.
Home Care For Dry skin
- Remove the petals from one rose, add water and a spoon of honey, wait 30 minutes then and apply the mixture on your face. Wait about 15-20 minutes, then wash your face with warm water. Honey moisturizers and softens dry skin and is gentle enough for daily use.
- Regular massages with almond and olive oil do miracles for dry skin.
- Take a quarter of a pear. Remove the peel then chill it in a refrigerator. Apply it on the skin and leave it there for 15 minutes. Then rinse with cold water. Pears help soften dry skin and give a fresh shiny look.
Normal Skin Care
Normal skin does not usually raise issues and requires minimal care to stay healthy and good looking. It also tolerates most popular skin care lotions and creams. A regular skin care program combined with a balanced diet, is enough for a skin full of suppleness and youthfulness. Regular skin care normally includes:
- Cleansing, toning and moisturizing performed daily help keep normal skin in a good shape for a long period of time. I recommend using natural products.
- It is very easy not to have skin problems. But if you neglected your skin, it will begin to form fine lines and wrinkles. So always remember to adopt a healthy diet and always be well hydrated.
- Creams and lotions that combine vitamin A, C and E help improve skin texture, making it smoother and softer to touch. Furthermore, these vitamins neutralize the effects of free radicals.
- Even if the skin is normal, you still need regular care. The skin on your face, like any other type of skin is constantly under the aggression of free radicals. Free radicals are molecules formed in the skin, due to exposure to the environment, pollution and solar radiation.
Mixed Skin Type Care
Skin that is oily in some areas and dry or normal in others is considered to be a mixed skin type. Oily skin is focused on the T-zone, located on the forehead, nose and chin. Every time you wash your face, certain areas of the skin may feel tensioned, and have a matte aspect, are harsh and dry, while the T-zone looks shiny, oily at the touch. This type is very predisposed to pimples and blackheads. Mixed skin type requires special attention because fatty areas require daily care for avoiding acne-type rashes.
Follow these simple steps each day and note the impressive effect they will have on your skin.
- Clean the entire face twice a day. Always use a gentle facial cleanser to remove impurities, dirt and makeup from your face.
- The dry zone requires hydration to prevent premature wrinkles. Use a moisturizer on the dry areas of your skin, and if possible, use an oil-free moisturizer on the T zone.
- If you use makeup, always use fat free products on the T zone. These products are available on the market and help eliminate the excess of sebum and help control the excess shine.
- If you have a mixed skin type, your skin will benefit from hidroxy-acid and vitamin C based products which tend to normalize the skin.
- Home Care For Mixed Skin Type
- Take 150 grams of seeded papaya pulp, bake it well. Mash it well then chill it in the refrigerator. Apply it on your face for 10-15 minutes, then remove it with cold water. Papaya helps normalize oily and mixed skin types, giving the skin a healthy shine.
Oily Skin Care
The skin is very shiny, greasy when touched and prone to blackheads and pimples. It is very important to keep this type of skin as clean as you can and control the excess sebum secretion. Oily skin has the advantage that ages more slowly than other types of skin as the natural secretion of sebum protects the skin against the appearance of lines and wrinkles. A simple care program, associated with a balanced and healthy diets can do wonders for oily skin type, and also lowers the risk of acne-type rash.
- It is essential to clean your skin twice daily, in the morning and evening. Always use a gentle cleanser. This prevents the pores form clogging and causing pimples.
- The removal of makeup must be followed by application of toners (astringents).This will remove the excess sebum. It is recommended to avoid using alcohol based astringents. Alcohol-based products remove too much sebum from your skin causing your skin to become dry.
- If the rash appears, touching or squeezing pimples is the worst thing you can do. Pustules, if squeezed can leave permanent scars. There are a wide variety of acne products available on the market. You should see a dermatologist, he will recommend the most appropriate one for your skin type.
- If possible, get a professional cleaning of your skin once a month.
- Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water each day. Fluids help remove toxins from your body.
- Avoid chocolate consumption.
- Make sure you have a well-balanced diet that includes fruits and green vegetables.