The world is worried about coronavirus and COVID-19. There was an outbreak in Wuhan, China and it has spread to different countries of the world. Let's find out how you can prevent the possibility of coronavirus infection.
Since this is a very new virus and disease, there is no vaccine at present which can fight coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). However, that does not mean that you cannot take some steps to prevent any possible infection. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus. There are few things which you can do which are very effective in preventing the possibility of infection. Let's find out what other simple yet effective steps that you can take to prevent this disease.
- You should avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Do not touch your eyes, nose and mouth
- If you're sick, you should stay home
- If you need to cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue. Once you use the tissue, throw it in the trash.
- Keep washing your hands with liquid soap and water. If liquid soap is not available, you can use a common soap and water.
- Use a cleaning spray or wipe frequently touched objects and surfaces frequently touched objects and surfaces to clean and disinfect them.
- You can use a hand sanitizer to clean and disinfect your hands. This is important because most of the infection happens through touching.
- If you're using a hand sanitizer, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer which has at least 60% alcohol.
- Use a face mask. If you are well, it is not necessary to wear a face mask to protect yourself from respiratory diseases like COVID-19.
- If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19, you should use a face mask to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
- Health workers and people who are taking care of infected people should always wear a mask. Whether it is in a healthcare facility or at home.
- While washing your hands with soap and water, to death for at least 20 seconds. Do not forget to wash your hands after going to the bathroom. Wash your hands before eating.
- You should also wash your hands after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
These are some of the very common practices which you can follow to ensure that you are safe from COVID-19.
There is no specific anti-viral treatment available for COVID-19. People who are diagnosed with COVID-19 should receive supportive care so that they can get relief from the symptoms. In case of severe cases. Immediate treatment is necessary and such treatment include care to support vital organ functions. If you think that you may have been exposed to COVID-19, you should immediately contact your healthcare provider.
By following a few common and easy preventive measures, you can still be safe at home and when you're going out. Simply remember them and follow them strictly wherever you are.