Water is the essence of life, it is present in our bodies and everything around us in variable proportions. Human organism consists of 70% water, a overweight or obese person has a lower water content, because the fat tissue contains 25% water, compared to muscle tissue that has 75% water. The blood contains 80% water and the bone mass contains about 20% water. Water should be consumed not only by those who want to lose weight, but must be a part of a healthy lifestyle.Water has the following roles in our body:
- Hydrate tissues and mucosa;
- Help to eliminate toxins resulting from the metabolism;
- Prevents and combats constipation;
- Help the function of the kidneys;
- Is helping in the maintaining of a constant body temperature;
- Participate in the process of digestion and absorption of nutrients.
In addition, water is the only aliment with zero calories. So what will stop you to drink water? Drinking a glass of water when you are hungry, will reduce the hunger sensation or will eliminate the appetite, coming to help those who want to lose weight. Drinking water is helping to metabolize fats in a better way, avoiding their deposit.
Our body lose water through its various processes of digestion, excretion, respiration, thermoregulation. Therefore we must hydrated to replace the water loss by urine, feces, sweat, perspiration and exhalation.When we are dehydrated, our body suffer in various ways:
Experts recommend the consumption of 40 ml/kg /24h of water, this would mean for a person of 55 kg, a consumption of 2.2 liters of fluid per day. (10-12 cups of water).We are different and our needs are different. If practicing different physical activities, the amount of fluid intake should increase to fill fluids and minerals which are lost through sweat. The same happens during hot periods.
The amount of water will also depend on food intake: a consumption of fruit, vegetables, soups, broths, juices, teas, will partially compensate the water consumption.
Here are some ways to increase the water consumption:
- Start the day with a glass of water at room temperature;
- Buy bottles of water of 0.5 liter and have them always in hand; Have a Quench bottleless water cooler or a water filter on hand at home;
- Drink coffee with a glass of water to dilute the effect of coffee and prevent staining of tooth enamel;
- Drink a glass of water before a meal will help you to feel full faster;
- Drink water when you are really hungry to avoid eating too much;
- Do not drink cold water. Drink water for pleasure, with small sips;
- Do not wait until you are thirsty to drink water. Drink water before and after physical exercise.
- Drink water regularly throughout the day, avoiding late night drink to have a restful sleep.