If you have been wondering about whether or not you need to have health supplements, the best thing to do is to understand the meaning of the word supplement. Supplements are defined as things which improve or complete something else when theyre added to it. If you think of this with regards to nutritional supplements, they will actually improve your health. There are people who, no matter what diet theyre on, dont forget to pop in their minerals, vitamins and other supplements and they just love the extra energy that they get while working out. No, stimulants arent recommended as they can be harmful but if you take your daily dose of supplements, you can take proper care of your health.
The dietary supplements of today include minerals, vitamins, botanicals and herbals, enzymes, amino acids and various other products. The dietary supplements like the fusion health supplements usually come in different forms like capsules, tablets, powders, energy bars and also health drinks. Few of the popular health supplements include Vitamin E and D, minerals like iron and calcium and other specialty products like probiotics, glucosamine and fish oil. Read on to know more on supplements.
10 worthy reasons behind taking supplements
There are many who still have doubts regarding the importance of popping in health supplements. If youre one among them, here are few reasons to consider:
- The present techniques used in commercial agriculture usually leave the soil with too much of mineral deficiency. Hence the food that is grown on this mineral-deficient soil also grows with deficiencies.
- Due to the fact that food products these days are shipped through long distances, they often have to be stored for a very long span of time. Storage for a long time will lead to vitamin depletion, including the vital B-complex and C vitamins.
- There are many vegetables and fruits which are bred genetically to enhance the visual appeal and not the value in terms of nutrition. This leads to a fall in nutritional values as compared to the food supply which was prevalent during your ancestors time.
- Cooking food, processing of food and preserving leads to a reduction in levels of nutrition and this is one more reason behind not getting the required nutrition from just having foods.
- Poor eating habits, not chewing your food properly, eating-on-the-go and too much of stress can lead to poor digestion, thereby making it tough for the body to extract nutrients which are required from the foods you eat.
- There might arise a time when your body needs higher level of few specific nutrients. For instance, when youre pregnant, you will need higher levels of folic acid while women after menopause will need more calcium. This is when health supplements help.
- The use of medicinal drugs has increased over time. Majority of the medicines these days deplete vital nutrients which make people vulnerable to more and more deficiencies.
- Who doesnt suffer from some kind of genetic weakness? When you have this, you may need high nutrients to reduce the likelihood of causing genetic illnesses. This is yet another time when supplements work.
- With the soaring levels of pollution in water, air and food, our bodies utilize more nutrients to detoxify and release the harmful substances. This is specifically true of the antioxidant vitamins which include Vitamin E, C and A.
- There are several nutrients which either prevent you from treating your health or help you in treating your health conditions like arthritis, cancer, high cholesterol and birth defects. It is then important to take these specific nutrients and vitamins.
Dont starve yourself Eat the right food and supplements to promote weight loss
Did you know that you could lose weight even without starving or dramatically restricting the food that you eat? By consuming reasonable and small portions of food and by including a workout routine, you can easily shed those extra pounds. Are you thinking how? It totally boils down having the best combination of food, those foods which will change your body from its usual fat-storing mode to fat-melting mode. There are few definitely nutrients and vitamins which can make this flip possible. If you dont take the important vitamins and minerals, this can harm your body. Here are few vitamins which help in burning fat.
VITAMIN D and its role in shedding fat
There have been several studies which reveal that Vitamin D makes your body cells to respond and listen to insulin which is a hormone that is created by the pancreas. Insulins job is to let glucose enter inside your body cells which in turn burns glucose for releasing energy. The extent to which insulin will push the glucose inside your cells is termed insulin sensitivity. The greater sensitivity your cells have, the better it is for your health. If theyre less sensitive to insulin, you will tend to store more calories and this will lead to more and more fat cells. If there is lack of Vitamin C, this will come across the hormone called leptin which signals your brain about when you should stop eating. When there is deficiency, your body will not know when to stop eating.
CALCIUM and how it melts fat
Calcium is yet another mineral which works along with Vitamin D to let you shed those calories. If you didnt know this, you should keep in mind that calcium is stored inside the fat cells and doctors are of the opinion that the more calcium a fat cell has, the more fat will need to be released in order to be burned. With regards to the relation between calcium and weight loss, it binds to fat within your gastro-intestinal tract thereby preventing the fat from being absorbed in the bloodstream.
OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS and how they burn fat
Did you know that omega-3 fatty acids facilitate weight loss by switching on those enzymes which trigger off the cells that burn fat? They also play a role in improving your mood which in turn can reduce binge eating. If youre someone who indulges in eating whenever and wherever possible, you should take omega-3 fatty acids. This acid enhances the leptin signal in the brain which thereby prompts your brain to stop eating at the right time and also switches off your appetite. There are fatty fishes like salmon which are rich in Vitamin D and which are also the richest sources of this kind of fat. Few other foods are seeds and nuts.
PROTEIN and how they burn calories
Besides the fact that proteins play a major role in keeping your hunger in control, if you can take protein for every meal, this maintains a perfect body composition. When we say body composition, we mean the total amount of fat with regards to muscle in an improved proportion. Along with Vitamin D and calcium, proteins let you preserve the muscle mass when you shed pounds. According to a recent study done by the University of Illinois found that women who took protein twice everyday lost 4% more weight than women who took less proteins in their diet. Protein not only helps you lose more weight, they also help you get stronger, tone down your muscles and also strengthens your bones.
MONOSATURATED FATTY ACIDS and how they help you lose weight
According to one Danish study done among 30 men and women, it was found out that a form of diet which included 20% of calories derived from monosaturated fatty acids, which is a kind of fat found in olive oil, avocados, seeds, nuts, chocolate, peanut butter, boosted a 24-hour calorie burning program by 0.1% and burning fat by 0.04%. Again, there are several other researches which show that monosaturated fatty acids also help in reducing belly fat. There are few definite foods which are rick in MUFAs like olive oil, tree buts, peanuts which maintain your blood sugar level and also check your appetite.
POLYPHENOLs and their metabolism-boosting impact
Polyphenols are actually antioxidants which give green tea its attribute of boosting health and metabolism. There are researches which reveal that they also increase the resting metabolic rate by around 20%, thereby letting your body to burn more fat. According to a recent study which was done on rats, it was seen that the polyphenols found in green tea work to block weight gain and also reduce metabolic syndrome when rats were put on a high-fat diet. If you drink green tea, you will very soon feel this effect. Your body will tend to heat up as the cells will waste calories in the form of heat. For this reason, green tea is considered as a winter elixir.
So, now that youre armed with the knowledge on how vitamins, minerals, proteins and other nutrients aid your weight loss dream, you should start following them in order to bring about a change in your health. For better assistance, get help of a fitness expert.