Abdominal bloating is one of the most common gastrointestinal disorders. This problem can occur regardless of lifestyle and diet. Abdominal bloating can also be a sign of an acute or chronic suffering, so if the problem is a constant you need to see the doctor. If bloating is transient, there are rules which, if followed, can help prevent it. Some studies show that more than half of the population may face problems that lead to abdominal bloating, so our advice is more than helpful and teaches you how to get rid of it. Here are some useful tips:
- One of the most common causes of abdominal bloating is a certain sensitivity to gluten and lactose. The solution is to replace wheat with whole grains and get rid of bloating. Choose fermented dairy products, cheese and yogurt, foods which contain less lactose than milk.
- Do not eat too fast. Aerophagia (swallowing air) and chewing gum are other causes of abdominal bloating.
- Chew food well. Digestion begins in the mouth and when you swallow food without chewing it enough, the stomach has to work harder, which can cause abdominal bloating.
- Avoid gluten and lactose.
- Chew well and slowly.
- Give up chewing gum
- Avoid carbonated drinks.
- Ditch artificial sweeteners.
- Avoid excess salt.
- Combat constipation.
- Choose foods high in fiber.
The combination of carbonated drinks and the wrong foods is one of the contributory factors. Carbonated beverages should be avoided as much possible. Good solutions are peppermint or ginger tea that helps digestion and stimulates the elimination of gasses.
Another cause often leads to abdominal bloating are artificial sweeteners. Sorbitol, Xylitol, Mannitol are all substances that lead to the irritation of the gastric mucosa. Classic sweets are a common cause of bloating.
Sodium salt and excessive consumption are another major cause of water retention and abdominal bloating. Processed foods can hide huge amounts of sodium, so it is desirable to avoid them if you want to get rid of bloating.
Although it may seem strange, even healthy foods can lead to bloating. Everyone knows what problems beans, broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower can bring. The secret is that all vegetables are well cooked. In addition, fresh vegetables (including frozen) are a better choice that canned vegetables.
Constipation is also a cause of abdominal bloating. Fiber, fluids in sufficient quantities and physical activity are the main remedies. For woman it at least 25-30g of fiber are consumed each day. A constant consumption of fiber is able to help you get rid of bloating. The secret is that the ”portion of fiber” to be consumed daily!
Abdominal bloating is a problem, but with little attention to the causes and favoring factors of bloating you can avoid this inconvenience .