Invisalign are the best alternative for the traditional metal braces. They are used for straightening crooked or misaligned teeth to give you a perfect smile. Since they are not visible when worn, their popularity is increasing with each passing day. They are not only appealing, but they offer ultimate oral health benefits.
There are many benefits related to using Invisalign, including:
- They are transparent and, therefore, nobody will be able to tell whether you are wearing them
- Invisalign braces are constantly getting improved to accommodate a mouth's changing shape and so, they can move teeth faster in some cases
- You will not experience the pain associated with tightening of braces as they tend to move the teeth slowly with repeated pressure over a given duration
- They are made of molded plastic and so, don't come with a risk of scrapping or cutting the mouth lining unlike traditional metal braces
- These braces should be removed while eating or drinking and, therefore, there is no chance of food substances getting trapped in the teeth as it happens with traditional braces
- With Invisalign, you will experience fewer headaches and mouth pain
- Their 3D technology helps orthodontists to track the progress, as well as use computer programs to collect images from the mouth and use it to plan for progress
After settling for Invisalign, the next thing that you will be tasked with is keeping the braces clean. The same way your dentist advises you to brush and floss your teeth, your orthodontist will let you know that you need to keep your braces clean for good oral health. It is very important to keep your trays clean at all times.
You spend the better part of your day with your Invisalign braces and so, there is a need to keep them as clean and odor-free as possible. If you want to have sparkling clean braces, it is highly recommended that you clean them two times a day when brushing your teeth. To clean them, use an antibacterial, mild hand soap and brush them gently using a toothbrush with soft bristles. Afterward, rinse the braces using lukewarm water. Avoid using toothpaste as it might be too abrasive on the braces.
Invisalign braces are often changed every 1-2 weeks which ensures that they don't get discolored. However, to avoid staining, always remove them when eating or having any drink besides water. Also, ensure you rinse your mouth thoroughly before putting them back on.
To ensure that they remain in their original pure state, soak them using a denture cleaner. Do not use hot water as it might cause your braces to lose their shape. It is also prudent to rinse your aligners as dry saliva and plaque offer bacteria a breeding ground. Always rinse them whenever you take them out of your mouth to avoid bacterial buildup. Click here to learn more on how to keep your invisalign trays clean.
For good oral health, always ensure you keep your aligners clean by following the above tips. Good luck and happy smiles.