At one point of time in life people have wrinkles on their face. There may be many reasons for the development of wrinkles on the face. Let’s find out why wrinkles develop so that you can do something about the causes of wrinkles.
Ageing and wrinkles
When your age, skin cells divide more slowly and because of that the inner layer of your skin known as the dermis begins to thin. When that happens, your skin loses stretchiness and structure. When your age, your skin also loses the capability to hold onto moisture. It also produces less oil and in case of any damage, it takes more time to heal. All these factors contribute towards causing wrinkles at an elder age.
Facial muscle contractions
Because of too much of facial muscle contractions, wrinkles may appear. Lines between your eyebrows and lines jutting from the corner of your eyes are the results of such facial muscle contractions. When you smile, frown, squint and make other facial expressions, the wrinkles may become more prominent. So, you have to be careful about the facial expressions so that they do not add to the development of wrinkles.
Smoking and wrinkles
Smoking is not only dangerous for your health but it can also be dangerous for your skin. If you are smoking regularly, it may result in wrinkles on your skin. When you smoke it will reduce your skin’s production of collagen. Collagen is very important for your skin because it is part of your skins structure. Reduction in collagen will enhance the development of wrinkles.
Sun damage and wrinkles
If you are under the sun for long periods or you are getting too much of the sun, the possibility of wrinkles will increase. If you want to avoid wrinkles, you should keep away from the sun between 10 AM and 2 PM. If you are going out during this time, a broad spectrum sunscreen should be applied on your skin. The sunscreen should have an SPF 30. Wearing a hat to cover exposed skin will help you to keep the sun away from your skin. Also covering the skin so that the sun rays cannot touch it will help you to reduce the sun damage and the possibility of wrinkles.
Treatment options for wrinkle
If you have wrinkles, there are different types of treatment options available for you. There are different over-the-counter treatment options available such as creams and lotions that you can apply to reduce wrinkles on your skin. Prescription treatments are also available which generally include retinoid creams like Renova and Retin A.
If you want smoother, more youthful looking skin, it is necessary to remove skin layers. That is a very effective method of removing wrinkles and getting a smooth skin.
Different types of treatment options for wrinkles include-
- Dermabrasion- in this process skin layers are scrapped away. This is a traditional method of improving your skin surface.
- Chemical peels which dissolve the skin every. This is another traditional method used.
- Laser skin resurfacing is another method which can help you to reduce wrinkles on your skin. However it may take some time to heal.
- Botox injections are also popular which can help you to reduce wrinkles from your face. Botox can reduce the ability of selected muscle movement as a result of that lines around the eyes, forehead or amount can be reduced using botox injections.
- In some cases, fillers can be injected into skin folds which will make the appearance of the skin specially around the mouth smoother.