Cellulite defines hypodermic tissue damage, resulting in accumulation of fat in cells (adipocytes) or in other words fat deposits under the skin. This cellulitis leads to tissue “aging”, because it starts to retain water and toxins harmful to the body (through the action of glucose on collagen and elastin fibers, lymphatic and circulatory system disorders). Cellulitis is also described as an inflammation of the subcutaneous tissue.
Cellulite stages are:
- Laccid cellulitis (orange peel appearance is visible only when the skin is pressed between the fingers)
- Cocompact cellulitis (at this stage skin irregularities are observed on the skin and sometimes the area is inflamed)
- Fibrous cellulitis and edematous cellulitis (visible fat deposits in the form of hypodermic nodules, the skin is deformed and irregular. There can be pain in the area affected by cellulitis. Disturbances in lymphatic and blood circulation, oxygenation of cells will be poor.
In these steps, visible skin changes occur: stretch marks, veins extend in some areas, etc..
The most common causes of cellulitis are:
- Hormonal disorders (especially caused by an imbalance of estrogen)
- An inadequate diet (honey, white sugar, pasta, pizza, animal fats, bread)
- Lack of exercise (which causes poor blood and lymphatic circulation)
- Hepato-biliary disorders
The following recipes can be used to fight cellulitis. The advantage is that most ingredients can be found in anyone’s kitchen.
- Drink more than two liters of fluid per day. Each day infusion of dandelion will be consumed : put 1-2 teaspoons of dried herb per cup in boiling water, leave 10 minutes, then strain and drink the infusion unsweetened.
- Boil bean pods, ivy, burdock root, birch leaves in water for several minutes. Drink 250 ml of this liquid 30 minutes before meals.
- Externally, compresses with tincture of hearths and thyme will be applied.
- Young dandelion leaves picked before the plant blooms will be sprinkled with two tablespoons of olive oil, one tablespoon of lemon, cold water and salt. You can also combine them with watercress leaves, green onion, green garlic or dill.
- Affected areas will be vigorously massaged with an ointment made from ivy and horsetail for 15 minutes each day.
- A mixture of rosemary, fennel essential oil and almond oil should be prepared. With this mixture rub the cellulitis affected area every day.
- A low-fat diet should be followed, with high fiber content, which will include many green vegetables and fresh fruits.
- Eliminate tobacco, alcohol, coffee and sweet juices.
- Exfoliate the skin, after bathing, using a soft brush to remove dry dead skin cells. This will stimulate blood circulation and cellulitis will diminish.
- Two cups of sea salt will be added in the bath water, bathe for at least 20 minutes.
- Used coffee grounds will be mixed with a smoothing hand cream. With this mixture massage the cellulitis affected area for 1-2 minutes a day and then rinse with warm water.
- Reduce your salt intake and foods rich in saturated fats and hydrogenated fats
- Constantly exercise and target the cellulitis affected area
- Massage yourself with coconut oil
- Essential oils of juniper, rosemary, cedar, are useful to reduce the unpleasant appearance of cellulite.
- Because cellulitis is common among women who are overweight you should loose weight or maintain a normal body mass.
- There are several types of essential oils (rosemary, lavender, sandalwood, cinnamon, chamomile and cloves) that can be used effectively for areas affected by cellulitis . Massage is one of the most useful Cellulitis remedies.