Meditation helps you to understand yourself better and to attain a state of inner peace, that helps you live life in a better way eliminating all tensions and stress. Meditation is a life transforming experience with many benefits. A person enhances his personality mentally, physically and spiritually. With many lifelong benefits of this practice, meditation has become a desirable practice in order to keep your body calm and composed.
If you are one among the people, who really want to attain the state of inner peace and are not here just to read and forget, your effort is appreciable because in this world of busy lives, people merely tend to give time to themselves, their health and fitness. Meditation is an art, where you silence your mind, listen to your soul, remove all junk from your mind, and make it a better and clean place to live in. When stress and tensions go out of mind, life becomes more easy and beautiful. Moreover a person becomes physically and mentally healthy and strong. Some people travel distances just to find peace from the busy and crowded life. But instead of it, many people forget that it's not crowded on streets, it's their mind which is crowded with negativities and stress of busy life.
Below are mentioned some of the basics of meditation, which would help you to gear up yourself on the enlightened way of relaxation, inner peace and positivity.
- Find a good place, where you are alone and there are no disturbances, noises and interruptions. It may be your bathroom, bedroom or any space, where no one interrupts.
- Sitting posture is another important aspect of meditation. Be in your comfortable posture. Keeping your back straight is recommended as it would help in free flow of energy.
- Concentrate on your breathing and try to control it. Instead of forcing it to something, just calm down and allow the free flow of air, from your lungs to the brain.
- Focus on your breath. This would fade away the noises.
- Detach yourself from any kind of thoughts. It is somewhat difficult for some people, but try to make your mind as much silent, so that you can meditate.
- Don't eat before meditation and never stand up in between of meditation to feed yourself.
- Keep your sustained attention on the moment you are living in, rather than focusing on unwanted stuff.
- Instead of effort, go for skillful efforts. Directing your energy in right direction is as important.
- Do remember, meditation doesn't makes regular payouts. The effects are definite, which is gradual process and is achieved by experience.
So, meditation is not a single day's process. An effort done every day to achieve an inner peace is important, as practice makes man perfect. It's important that you leave all your sorrows and tensions behind, because a meditation with no concentration is just the wastage of time. If you are really interested in meditation, chose a day when you are calm, rather than when you are annoyed with people or situations, because on the day of mental stress, concentrating is a difficult task.
The goals of meditation are ultimate. If done calmly and properly, the meditation helps you to reach the highest level of awareness and inner calm.
Your meditation space should be a place you feel at peace, and free of distractions of any kind. The temperature should be such that you are comfortable “ you don't want a hot, stuffy room that will put you to sleep, and you don't want to be uncomfortably chilled, either!