Vaginal yeast infection
Vaginal yeast infection is a problem in which inflammation of the vagina happens. There are several other problems associated with this medical condition. Vaginal irritation, itchiness and vaginal discharge other problems associated with vaginal yeast infection. It not only affects the vagina, but also affects the tissues present at the opening of the vagina known as vulva.
It is also known as vaginal candidiasis. It’s a very common problem. Women experience this problem at some point of their lives. It is not a sexually transmitted disease. However, the fungus responsible for this medical condition may also spread from oral or genital contact. If you have recurrent yeast infections, it may be difficult to handle that with simple medicines. You may need to undergo a longer therapy or even a maintenance plan to handle such recurrent problems.
There are some symptoms which will help you to find out if you are suffering from vaginal yeast infection. They include
- Irritation and itching of the vagina and the vulva (the opening to the vagina)
- A burning sensation while urinating
- Burning sensation during intercourse
- Swelling and redness of the vulva
- Pain and soreness of the vagina
- Odor free, white and thick discharge from the vagina.
You may suffer from a complicated yeast infection. It happens if
- You see severe signs and symptoms which include extensive redness, cracks and tears that develop after swelling and itching.
- Presence of sores
- Recurrent yeast infection. If you suffer from four or more within a year.
- The infection is caused by any other type of Candida but not by Candida albicans.
- You’re pregnant
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Low immunity because of using some medicines or due to certain medical conditions like HIV infection
- You should immediately go and see a doctor if
- For the first time you are having yeast infection symptoms
- If you’re not sure whether you have a yeast infection or not
- There are other symptoms
When should you see a doctor?
What causes vaginal yeast infection? It is caused by the fungus known as Candida. It’s a microorganism which is present in the vagina with bacteria. It is present in a balanced mix with bacteria. In a normal condition, Lactobacillus bacteria produce acid, which keeps the balance in check by checking the overgrowth of yeast in the vagina. If due to any reason, the healthy balances disrupted, then yeast may overgrow. When the growth of Candida in the vagina exceeds a limit, it can result in itching, burning and other signs of a yeast infection.
The overgrowth of the yeast can happen due to
- Use of antibiotic which reduces the number of Lactobacillus bacteria in the vagina.
- A change in pH in the vagina. which helps the overgrowth of the yeast.
- Impaired immune system
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Any other event that can change the amount and type of bacteria present in the vagina. Douching or inadequate lubrication of the vagina can also result in overgrowth of yeast.
In general, Candida albicans is the main culprit of such yeast infections. However, other types of Candida fungus can also cause these symptoms. Candida albicans can be managed with typical treatments for yeast infections, but other types of Candida may not be that responsive to the typical treatment and they may need aggressive treatment.
It is possible to completely get rid of vaginal yeast infection. 12 Hour Cure For Yeast Infection will help you to cure yourself of the yeast infection. Click Here! to find out how you can easily get rid of the yeast infection you are suffering from.