Ovarian cyst complications
It is very important to diagnose ovarian cyst because it may cause different complications. Some of the ovarian cyst types may not produce any symptoms and that may delay the treatment. Your doctor can find out about such ovarian cyst while going through a pelvic exam. Some of the ovarian cysts may also result in cancerous growth. Such problems may happen after menopause. So, regular pelvic exams by your doctor are very important.
There are some other complications which are infrequent but may arise in case of ovarian cysts.
If the ovarian cysts become large they may push the ovary from its usual position in the pelvis to another position. If that happens, it will result in twisting of the ovary which is painful and is known as ovarian torsion.
If an ovarian cyst raptures, it may result in internal bleeding and pain.
Preparation before going to your doctor
Before you go and meet your doctor, you need to do a few things. You will need to see a gynecologist who will be able to take a good look and diagnose the possible problem. Your appointment with your doctor may be short and you may forget to tell your doctor some of the things that you should. So, preparing before going to your doctor will help you to make the meeting more fruitful.
- You can write down all the symptoms that you experience. Write down all the symptoms even if you think they are not related.
- Create a list of the medicines and any vitamin supplements that you are taking. You may need to stop taking some of them.
- Make a list of questions that you want to ask your doctor. You should ask all the questions that you have in mind because guesswork will not help you.
- Take a notebook with you while visiting your doctor and write down everything that you can. It will help you to remember things which you may otherwise forget.
- Ask a family member or close friend to go with you while you visit your doctor. It will provide you with the mental support you need when you visit a hospital.
- Prepare for the questions that you doctor may ask you. Your doctor may ask you about the symptoms that you experience, how long you have been experiencing them, the severity of the symptoms, any linkage to your menstrual cycle et cetera.
Tests and diagnosis
Ovarian cyst may be detected by your doctor with a simple pelvic exam. If the doctor suspects that there is an ovarian cyst present, the doctor may advise you to go for further testing before prescribing any medicine or treatment.
The doctor finds answers to several questions with the help of the tests.
How big is the ovarian cyst?
The tests help to find out whether the cyst is filled with fluid or solid or mixed. If it’s a fluid filled cyst, it may not be cancerous. Cysts that are solid and mixed needs further evaluation to find out if they are cancerous.
The following tests are generally performed by the doctors
A positive pregnancy test will suggest that the cyst is a corpus luteum cyst.
This test makes an image of your uterus and ovaries on a screen and the doctor can analyze the images to confirm if there is a cyst present and if it is there, the location, size and composition of the cyst.
Using this test, your doctor can see your ovaries and remove the ovarian cyst.
CA 125 blood test
This test helps the doctors find out if the cyst present is cancerous or not.
It is possible to get rid of ovarian cyst completely with the help of Ovarian Cyst Miracle. Click Here! to find out how.