Anxiety takes many forms, and for most it can be really crippling. We face anxiety everyday when it is induced by stress or expectations building into ongoing worry.
Ever wondered that your anxiety could be positive for you? What if there were a way to take the experience and use it for achieving a better and an all rounded life of
bliss and contentment?
The true spiritual path is the relationship you have with yourself and you can begin to understand that anxiety is one of the ways to gain back control of your life. Positive
anxiety means using your experiences to move ahead, to plough through the discomfort, and to discover the power within you. The following are tools you can use to
most effectively transform anxiety through meditation.
Science Of Meditation For Anxiety
Meditation can work as a perfect cure for anxiety. Meditation only takes around 20 minutes to do the job of relieving you of all the anxiety that you have pent up in your system.
You need to focus on your breath and bodily sensations and learn how to evaluate distracting thoughts and emotions without being judgmental.
Anxiety can be significantly reduced in every session of powerful meditation and it causes activation of the anterior cingulated cortex, anterior insula and Ventromedial prefrontal cortex.
These parts of the brain perform the executive function of the brain and aid the control of worrying. Anxiety is reduced by the activation of these three regions of the brain.
Anterior cingulate cortex is the area of the brain that controls thinking and emotion. It is also the primary region of the mind that is believed to influence a reduction in anxiety. These findings are a major proof that meditation activates the parts of the brain that control emotions and anxiety and thus can cause lasting effects in treating similar disorders.
Meditation rarefies anxiety through the regulation of self-referential thought processes in the brain. According to studies, people who exhibit a greater by default activity in the posterior cingulated cortex reported are prone to greater anxiety, which means that they have an inability to control self-referential thoughts.
Steps to Manage Anxiety & Stress
This is how you learn to manage anxiety & stress with meditation:
- Meditation brings out the inner peace of the soul and makes you realize of the pure source of light that exists in you. By nature, we all are peaceful souls and meditation sets the goal and intention to find that peaceful inner self to reduce any anxiety or ill thoughts and puts your mind at ease. It works at much deeper level as we connect with our inner self in a peaceful place where there are no distractions or disturbances.
- Close your eyes and relax your body. It makes you relaxed and comforted. As one closes their eyes and prohibits the world from entering and disrupting the bliss we are entering into, all anxious thoughts are put to rest.
- Repeating quietly in your mind I am a peaceful, immortal soul in a mortal body
You need to acknowledge your feeling of anxiousness. Noticing where exactly in your body you’re feeling the tension is the next step as trying to suppress the feelings of anxiety will make it worse.
- Breathing is essential to meditation and so take in a deep breath counting, then hold that breath and count to 3 or 4 and then release completely at 7.
- Letting go is the concluding and the most important step. Relaxing and opening your heart to release the building anxiety is very essential. Repeat to yourself, ” I am safe, I am loved, By myself, By my loved ones, I am a peaceful soul.”