How to Get Rid of Acne
If you want to know how to get rid of acne, it is important to understand what causes it and what are the proper course of treatment in order to avoid getting an acne formation. The most common kind of acne is acne vulgaris. This medical condition usually appears during puberty. It affects everyone regardless of gender and it commonly affects the face, chest and the back of the body. The infection usually affects the hair follicles in the skin. Contrary to the common belief that bacteria is the main cause of an acne formation, it is only one of the many factors that can aggravate the condition.
Acne may manifest as either blackheads or whiteheads or pimples. In worse condition, acne may appear as a swollen red lesion. Acne is most commonly known as zits or pimples. There are available over the counter medicines in the pharmacy for home-based treatment or one may refer it to a medical specialist for severe cases.
Causes of Acne
During the age of puberty, there is a remarkable hormonal change that is taking place in the body. This increases the activity of the sebaceous gland in producing an oil which seeps down to the hair follicles. An increase in the oil production will cause the rupture of the walls around the hair follicles, which makes it susceptible to bacteria attack and subsequently will lead to inflammation. The skin cell, hair and the oil can also clump together, causing a plug which easily gets infected by bacteria that results in swelling.
Foods that help how to get rid of acne
- Vitamin C enriched food
Almost all fruits and vegetables contain Vitamin C. It only takes a creative imagination to create a bowl of fresh fruit salad or vegetable salad or a combination of both. You may also consider taking in fresh fruit juice or extracts of fruits and vegetable and prepare they way you want it. Careful preparation must be observed though. Vitamin C is sensitive to heat so it is better to eat them raw.
- Sulfur enriched food
One of the foods that contain the mineral sulfur is an egg. However, it should be prepared carefully as heat also affects its sulfur concentration. Cooking it medium is better.
Apples are known to be a medically wonder food. It is a storehouse of important vitamins and minerals. In fact, even medical doctors would prescribe their patients who have a low platelet count, or those with kidney stones to drink 1 glass of fresh apple juice every day to excrete those kidney stones and increase the white blood cell in its normal and healthy level.
Foods to avoid to prevent an acne breakout
- Foods with androgenic hormones
These days there are already a number of foods or base ingredients of food that are injected with different kinds of hormones. But according to some surveys, meat and dairy products are those lines of food that are found to have artificial hormones on them.
Sugar is a known culprit in almost all diseases. There are even studies associating sugar intake to cancer. During the puberty stage, it is advisable that one should refrain from consuming too much sweet. While this is unavoidable, one may reduce sugar intake by cutting on candies and chocolates or pastries.
Proper skin care regimen on how to get rid of acne
Having an acne or pimples can be annoying most of the time. It could significantly cause scars and redness on the face and it could even cause a low self esteem especially among teenagers. Prevention against acne breakouts is your best remedy against scarring your skin caused by acne marks and the blemishes it leaves on the face. Here are some tips on how to maintain an acne-free skin.
- Do not prick your pimple. This could further cause irritation and could worsen your acne. Unclean hands could also result to more serious infection on your acne breakouts as dirt and harmful microorganisms in it may be transferred to your skin upon direct contact. Pricking your acne can also result in scarring.
- Do not use oil based products on your hair as much as possible. It may contain chemicals that could irritate the skin whenever the hair comes in contact with your sensitive skin. As you sweat, these chemicals may slide down on your face thereby causing irritation to your skin. As it touches the affected area, it could further aggravate the infection.
- Avoid as much as possible using cosmetics over the acne growth. The chemical or compounds used in these products could irritate the acne. It is also best to frequently wash the sponge and brush that you use over your face whenever applying powder and makeup as it could harbor bacteria and dirt that causes the skin breakouts. If you cannot avoid not using cosmetics, it is best to use branded cosmetics than the generic ones as you do not know the harmful chemical used in generic cosmetics that could cause your skin to adversely react.
- When you use alcohol based or oil based cosmetic products, it is best to take a break from using them once in a while in order to allow your skin to rest and avoid irritation that could result to inflammation.
- Avoid things that are dirty to directly come in contact with your face. Dirty handkerchief, hair, towel, pillow and hand could transfer the dirt to the face which will cause acne breakouts. You should always clean the face every night before you sleep in order to remove makeup and other toxic substances it came in contact with from the air like dusts and dirt.
- Use skin care product that contains benzoyl peroxide which is your best remedy against acne and breakouts. You can also use products with tretinoin that can also help bust down your pimples. For severe acne, over the counter medicated creams and cleansers may not suffice to treat them. You may need to see a dermatologist who can provide you better treatment based on the type of your skin and the extent of your acne breakouts.
- Avoid using facial scrubs. This will destroy the skin barriers left that prevent the bacteria from entering the skin pores to cause more infection. Scrubbing off the skin surface will give way for the bacteria to enter the skin and the harsh chemicals in the facial scrub may not be tolerated by the acne prone skin which can further cause skin irritation.
- Make it a habit of reading the labels of the facial cosmetics and cleansing products that you use on your face. There might be harsh and harmful ingredients that contribute to the acne breakout. Products with isopropyl palmitate, sodium lauryl sufate, Laureth-4 and octyl strearate are chemicals known for clogging the pores.
- Talk to a skin specialist. A dermatologist may be the best person who can prescribe you the proper treatment on how to get rid of acne more effectively and safely. Home remedies are most effective when your acne infection is just starting with worse cases of acne vulgaris need medical intervention in order to properly diagnose what might be causing your acne.
Click Here! to find out how you to get rid of acne using treatment strategies that work!