Lemon Water is the perfect “good morning drink,” with or without a hangover. Vitamin C rich citrus fruits such as lemons enhance your beauty, rejuvenate your complexion and bring a glow to your face. One of the major health benefits of drinking lemon water is faster weight loss. It flushes out toxins and is extremely beneficial for the body as it aids the digestive system and prevents constipation and diarrhea, by ensuring smooth removal of waste products from the body. Consuming a glass of lime water with just 1 lemon juice to its credit can fulfill your daily requirement of Vitamin C and boost your immunity.
Lemon, a fruit more popular for its therapeutic properties than taste, maintains your immune system and protects you from many infections. It is an excellent blood purifier and a fabulous antiseptic. Lime-water juice also works wonders for people with heart problems. Its high potassium content makes it the healthiest choice for heart patients and to drink a glass of lemon water in the morning would do wonders for your skin as well. A glass of lemon juice contains less than 25 calories. It is one of the richest sources of Vitamin C. Nutrients like calcium, potassium and pectin fiber are also found in high concentration. Along with traces of iron and vitamin A, that protect the body against immune system deficiencies, it also has medicinal values and antibacterial properties.
Some of the benefits of drinking lemon water are summarized as follows:
- Lemon water balances and maintain the pH levels in the body
- Having lemon juice with water early in the morning helps flush out toxins. Cleansing your system becomes very easy with lemon water as it helps flush out the toxins in your body by enhancing enzyme function and stimulating your liver
- It aids in digestion and encourages the production of bile and strengthens and provides energy to the liver
- It is also a great source of citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and iron thus boosting your immune system. The level of vitamin C is the first thing to plummet in your system when you stress, which is why experts recommend a Vitamin C rich diet especially on stressful days.
- It prevents the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that are the cause of infections and diseases
- It is found that if you drink lemon water on a regular basis, it will reduce the acidity in your body and remove uric acid collected in your joints — which is one of the main causes of inflammation.
- It is the perfect cure for the common cold
- The potassium content in lemons is quite high and it not only prevents heart diseases but also helps nourish the brain and nerve cells
- It benefits immensely to the skin and prevents early aging, formation of wrinkles and acne. The antioxidants found in lemon juice decrease blemishes and wrinkles drastically. It can also be applied to decrease the appearance of scars and age spots. It detoxifies your blood and maintains your skins radiance
- It helps in maintaining the health of the eyes and helps fight against eye disorders.
- It aids in the production of digestive juices. Lemon juice encourages healthy digestion by loosening toxins in your digestive tract. It also relieves symptoms of indigestion such as burping, and bloating. It helps in balancing the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief in case of a severe heart burn
- Lemon juice helps replenish bodily salts and rehydrates the system especially after a strenuous workout session
Packed with all the goodness nature can possibly offer, do make it a point to begin your day with a glass of lemon water. Its cleansing and healing power will help your health in the long run.