Pregnancy puts great stress on a woman's body. This makes future mothers more vulnerable to some common diseases, like flu and cold.
Under normal circumstances, treating these conditions won't be a problem. However, pregnancy changes everything, because taking any regular medicines may harm the baby. Future mothers should refrain from taking any kind of drugs during the period of pregnancy and breastfeeding. Therefore, your primary objective will be to avoid getting sick.
In case you don't succeed, you will need to use only safe natural remedies to treat the condition. Bear in mind that even these medicines can be potentially dangerous, so you must consult a doctor before taking any of them.
Natural Treatments for Flu
Common things, like getting a lot of rest and drinking plenty of liquids, are a must if you caught flu during pregnancy. However, you cannot afford to simply lie around all day drinking tea and waiting for the problem to pass.
Even if it's a mere cold that usually goes away in a week, you will need to start actively treating it right away. The baby's health will be at risk since the moment bacteria attack your body. Thus, if you want to make sure that the disease doesn't affect your unborn child, you will have to get it out of your body as soon as possible.
The vast majority of herbal and natural remedies are considered to be safe for pregnant women, so you should start with them.
- Chamomile and linden possess very strong anti-bacterial qualities. Drink tea made of those herbs, and you should drink lots of it, because your body will require a lot of liquid.
- Fresh chicken soup contains several ingredients that enhance your immune system and help to destroy the bacteria affecting you. However, bear in mind that these elements are only active for several hours. Thus, you need to eat the soup while it's fresh.
- Vitamin C is a well-known leader in fighting flu and cold. If you don't want to risk taking it in the form of supplement, drink lots of lemon and orange juice. Kiwi and sweet pepper also contain a lot of Vitamin C, so you will need to include them into your diet.
- Elderberry syrup is famous for its anti-viral properties. You should try it if you aren't allergic to elderberry. Take a tablespoon every hour for about three days.
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar is an extremely effective anti-fungal treatment. If your disease is powered by yeast, take a spoonful of it three times a day.
- Eucalyptus oil can grant instant relief to a stuffy nose. Simply pour a few drops on a napkin and sniff it, or you can add a few drops of oil to a bowl filled with hot water and breathe in the fumes.
- Honey and lemon mix will boost your immune system. This mix with a bit of hot water will also be extremely helpful to fight off cough.
Can You Cure Flu Without Drugs?
You must understand that flu is extremely dangerous for both your and the baby's health. This means that it may be necessary to use some anti-viral drugs in order to avoid the risk of complications that the disease can cause.
In this case, you must only take the drugs prescribed to you by your doctor. Your condition will require close monitoring during this time. Be sure to rest as much as possible in order to minimize the stress on your body and facilitate the recovery.
Avoid any contact with people that are sick and stay away from public places during the flu season to minimize the risk of getting sick.
Doctor’s Order: To Maintain Body Weight During And After Pregnancy check out this awsome product Click Here!