Although wrinkles are a part of the normal aging process, it is not something we desire. While we cannot totally do away with it, there are some ways that will certainly help your skin look smoother and wrinkle free. But, first we need to understand why wrinkles appear on our face in the first place. There are two types of protein that keeps our skin smooth and firm namely collagen and elastin. Also there is a layer of fat beneath the skin that gives contour to the face. When we age our bodies produce less elastin and collagen and the fat layer begins to shrink resulting in dry, thin and saggy skin which causes the formation of wrinkles.
There are a number of creams and medical treatment available to treat wrinkles but they will cost you a small fortune. Instead of opting for those why not try these simple home remedies that can reduce the appearance of wrinkles to a large extent and have no side effects. Have a balanced nutritious diet and being clean internally goes a long way in doing away with wrinkles. Here are out top 5 ways to treat wrinkles naturally.
– Egg Whites Mask: Several people have sworn about the effectiveness of this natural wrinkle treatment. Just whip up several egg whites in a bowl and massage them onto your skin. Keep it on the skin for at least 15 mins and let it dry. Egg whites are rich in Vitamin B and Vitamin E that have a rejuvenating effect on the skin. Rinse off the egg white mask with warm water and enjoy a soft, supple skin. Repeat this process once or twice every week.
– Oils for skin: Natural oils like olive oil and coconut oil have the nutrients to keep your skin soft and supple. Gently massage a few drop of olive oil on your face before bedtime for a soft looking skin in the morning. Coconut oil is also said to do wonders for the skin. It rebuilds our skin tissue and the best part is that it can be used both internally and topically. It hydrates and rebuilds the connective tissues thereby diminishing wrinkles.
– Increase your intake of Fruits and Vegetables: Fresh fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamin A and D that are essential for a healthy and glowing skin. Drink fresh fruit and vegetable juices regularly for a wrinkle free skin. Carrot and Beet Juice are particularly very good for skin.
– Lemon Juice: Apply lemon juice to the wrinkles and fine line areas on the skin. Lemon juice is acidic in nature which makes the skin look brighter and hence reduces the appearance of wrinkles. The lemony citrus aroma will also rejuvenate your senses.
– Face Massage: Face massages with oil or lotions are also a great way to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. You can treat yourself to a beauty spa for a face massage at least once a month.
On top of all these methods, make sure that you exfoliate your skin every now and then to shed the dead skin. By following these methods for a couple of weeks, you will be able to see a remarkable difference in the appearance of wrinkles on your face.